Friday, July 11, 2014

Niigata

Niigata is yet another beautiful new place we visited yesterday, famous for their delicious tasting rice and sake!

Rice Fields

We started the day at the Cave D'Occi winery, which is an absolutely gorgeous place.  I felt like I was in Napa Valley.

The air smelled of lavender.  I bent down low to take a photo and discovered a few of these pretty guys hanging out in there.  They were about 3/4 of the size of an iphone (legs included).  They were a pretty shocking discovery.


 We did a TV interview inside a chapel on the winery grounds.
Here are the adorable Hiromasa Yonebayashi (Director) and Sara Takatsuki (Voice of Anna).



Ajisai Season ~~ these were especially beautiful.


I had 1.5 hour break (!!!), so naturally I partook of a wine tasting.
I found a few bottles of white to take home with me!


My dressing room (!!!)


Drawing and painting with my new "Marnie" themed watercolor pencils.
I'm sure you'll be able to find these at the Ghibli Museum soon.

Misty mountains and vineyards


It was a misty, rainy, grey day, but with so much beauty all around.

Love,
p. a.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers. Is your dressing room behind the bush or the building or i doont want to know?
    It would be interesting to see what you remember of your trip after some years to see what has stayed or prominent.
    Japan has some beautiful birds too. I like their robins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, thanks for sharing. Hope you are having a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! ~Everything looks so pretty! I heard of Niigata before but now I really want to go there.◕o◕I hope the interview went well. ~Looking forward to your next posts!⊙ω⊙

    ReplyDelete